Cell phone batteries slowly degrade over time, no exception with the iPhone. This guide will teach you how to remove your iPhone5’s battery for a repairing work.
Step 1 – Open the iPhone
- You need to remove the screws at the bottom of the phone with a 5-point pentalobe screwdriver.
- With a Small suction cup lift the screen.
- Do not remove the screen at this moment, there are some cables that you need to unplug.
Step 2 – Unplug screen cable
- Remove these 3 #00 Philips screws and lift the aluminium cover.
- With the spudger, unplug the connector carefully and lift the screen.
Step 3 – Remove the Battey
- Remove this (another) 3 #00 Philips screws securing the battery connector.
- With the spudger, lift the battery conector from its socket.
- With the help of the tab “Authorized service provider only” and a spudger, lift the battery.
- The battery has mild adhesive, so don’t pull it with excessive strong, remove it slowly.
- When reassembling, it isn’t necessary to reapply new glue.
Now the battery is successfully removed. To reassemble your device, just follow these instructions in reverse order.